• George Butterworth's moving cycle Love Blows as the Wind
Blows lends it's title to the solo debut album of Canadian
baritone Etienne Dupuis.
• He also sings a rarely recorded English song cycle, Farewell
Earth's Bliss, by British composer Geoffrey Bush, and Dover
Beach, an early work by Samuel Barber.
• This exquisite and refined program concludes with four
French songs by Canadian composer Rejean Coallier based
on poems by Sylvain Garneau.
• Dupuis also performs the iconic Irish folk song Danny Boy,
arranged for voice and string quartet.
• Musicians of the Quatuor Claudel-Canimex, who play
Barber's famous Adagio in it's original version for string
quartet, accompany Mr. Dupuis.
• Etienne Dupuis has been receiving international acclaim
since his debut at Deutsche Oper Berlin in 2011 in the role of
Zurga in the Pearl Fishers.
• Recent engagements include Marcello in La Boheme with
Vancouver Opera, Figaro in Barber of Seville in Avignon
and again the role of Zurga with Opera National du Rhin,
Strasbourg and Opera de Nantes.